Sunday, April 1, 2012

This Week in Food + a Recipe

More eating adventures through pregnancy.
We had a business dinner here and I think it's the best thing I've eaten so far!  Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps, and Spicy Greens Beans...I was in heaven!  Even the leftovers were amazing.  It was like a taste of home.  I almost cried when it was all gone.   
We've been enjoying hot tea at night to wind down, and I love our new ritual.  So relaxing.
All I really want is milk shakes, but I decided I didn't want to come out of pregnancy weighing a million pounds, so the healthier option is smoothies!  I freeze all kinds of fruits and mix them with some protein powder and soy milk.  Just as good, and way better for me and Aqua Baby! 
I've also found that my creative side has really come out in my cooking and some strange combinations of foods are so good!  This was homemade naan bread, turned pizza.  With hummus, sun-dried tomatoes, green olives, avocado, feta cheese and eggs on top, all broiled to perfection.
And who knew beans could taste so sweet!?  This is a recipe I found on pinterest and they're quite right...it's addicting.  

The Recipe:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hummus
8 medjool dates, soaked in water for 30 min.
1 1/2 cup of garbanzo beans, drained
1/2 cup all-natural pb
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 packets coco natura sweetener or other raw sugar
pinch of salt
up to 1/4 cups of almond milk (adding 1 TBS. at a time to get desired creaminess)

Blend all together in a food processor, then fold in 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips

Eat with graham crackers or cinnamon & sugar pita chips.

-----------------------------------

And my most favorite homemade meal so far would be the double decker tacos I've had three times this week.  Only every time we've had them, I've been at the point of starvation and there's no time for pictures!  Don't worry...I'm totally addicted to them, so I'll make them again soon and give you a proper picture and recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment