Monday, April 2, 2012

15 Weeks and Making Mondays More Fun

Mondays are never really fun no matter where you live, but lucky for me every Monday brings a new week of pregnancy!  Red lipstick also helps if you're looking for a less committed way to spice things up. We're in week 15 people!  I'm starting to feel more comfortable with things and all of the changes that are taking place.  And as we roll along in the weeks we get closer to those dates of finding out whether or not we're having a :
or a :
Either way we will love Aqua Baby with everything we have in us and be the best parents we can!  But  I'm having fun listening to people weigh in on what they predict we're having.  As soon as I told my parents we were pregnant, and I began to explain to my Mom that my body seemed to be shifting ever so dramatically horizontally, she seemed to err on the side of Shakira that my hips don't lie and shouted it's a boy!
We'll see Mom.  But here in the Philippines they have some old wives tales of their own.  When I showed up to small group on Saturday night all of the women were proclaiming how beautiful I was and how much more girly I've become.  With my hair accessories, and my makeup, and painted nails (which I normally don't do) all adding to they're prediction : it's a girl!  Hey I'll take it.  I don't want to be on the other side of that tale...yeah you guessed it...if you don't look so good, and maybe even get a little more ugly : it's a boy.
Aqua Baby is now about 4 inches long and weighs about 2 1/2 ounces.  Which is about the size of an apple.  Still tiny, but we're making progress.
I can't believe we've gone from a poppy seed to an apple already!  That's amazing.  What freaks me out, is when this thing will get to be the size of a pumpkin!?
I didn't even suck it in this time.  Yes.  I'm pregnant and proud! =)

3 comments:

  1. I love you and am so excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always heard that if you carry it low you are having a boy. I carried Chase high, so that's out the window! But, it is always nice to have a boy first, so I'm standing with your mom...a boy! Love you guys, Shelley Hill

    ReplyDelete
  3. So when will you know its a boy?

    ReplyDelete