Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

I hope that everyone had a good weekend!  We sure did.  It was our first Holiday here that we've felt settled and all of the newness of being in a different country has worn off, so we wanted to find ways to make it extra special.  And I feel like it was fitting that it all centered around this time; EASTER.  After-all, it's why we're here.  Because we serve a risen Saviour and we want the world to know about Him and not just know about Him, but to truly know Him.

Thursday we took some time in the afternoon to decorate the place a bit.  We listened to our favorite worship songs as we painted eggs to hang on our wall.

We've been in transition so much of our marriage, that we've never really come up with any family traditions.  I guess with a little one on the way, I'm getting more and more in the mode of nesting and wanting to have fun things we do together as a family.  Arts and crafts will definitely be present!

On Friday we had some friends over to hang out and make homemade pizza.  It was there first time to make their own pizza and we all had a blast.
   Jordan started us out showing everyone how it's done and then was ready to instruct.
Everyone was nervous about how everything would work out, but we were all encouraged there's no wrong way to make a pizza.
And once they were all topped, into the oven they went.
Avon was so skilled at making the perfect circle.
And Geph became a master at getting the pizza from the peel to the stone.
My mastery came in adding the most veggies to my pizza! YUM!  Along with my homemade vegan mozzarella!
With all the pizzas done.  We were finally ready to eat.
Nothing comes between a man and his pizza.  You better watch yo self!

Saturday I was back in the kitchen getting things ready and made up for our Easter Dinner.  And then attended small group in the evening.  One of my highlights of the weekend.
I absolutely love this group of ladies and have been so blessed to be with them and get to know them over these past 5 months.  But this may have been my last meeting with them for a while.  More on that to come later...

Sunday we had a big day planned.  I got up early to get a few things going before church, and was greeted by this lone egg on the counter.
In it was a letter from my darling husband, that of course made me cry.  He reflected on our life together, and the joy of the thought of this baby inside of me, and ultimately pondering why we celebrate this day.  It also ended with a challenge to find the rest of the eggs he had hidden throughout our living room.
  Can you spot the eggs?
Not only was I surprised but I was blown away to see an egg on our counter!  He seriously deserves mad props for this feat because I have not really seen Easter anything around here!  He will be in charge of the fun surprises for our kids!  And I'll stick to what I know...
BAKING!  Me oh my!  These cinnamon rolls were awesome.  I've been craving some for quite a while, and they were exactly what I was hoping for.
Ooey Gooey Goodness!  They are worth the two hours it takes to make them let me tell you!  We then put on our Easter best and headed to church!
After church we headed to some of our teammates house for a new tradition their instilling: Korean Take-Out for Easter lunch.  I love kimchi!
We had a great time with them, and enjoyed chatting and relaxing with friends.  And who could resist their precious little boys!?  Here's Jordan with Everett
So precious!  I can't wait to see him with Aqua Baby!  Later in the afternoon we headed home and I got back to work in the kitchen to finish our Easter Dinner.
Everything turned out yummy.  Especially the carrot cake.  Only the frosting melted everywhere because it was so hot.  HAHAHA  I'll make one again soon to share with you.  Hope you had a blessed weekend with family and friends celebrating life and Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment