Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Soaking it All In

I'm not gonna lie...we had hoped for a girl.  We have a very girly purple room for the baby, and everyone on our team has a boy, yes there are 5 boys, so we were hoping to mix things up.
But now that we know, we could not be more excited to have our baby boy in our arms in just about 4 months or so.
So I have some redecorating to do, and I've been scouring the internet for cute boy clothes.  It's not fair really how many girl things there are compared to boy things.  Ugh!  But all of that is such a minor detail to the life that will soon be here.
Yes that is really his name.  Yes it's a long name.  But we're the parents and we get to name him and this is what we chose!  I'll talk more about how we came up with Desmond's name soon.
So here we sit at 22 weeks in with 18 more to go.  It's starting to sink in more and more that we're having a baby.  You would think by now that it would all be real, but finding out that we're having a boy made it just that much more tangible I guess.  He now has a name.  And all the dreaming and hoping is starting to turn to planning.  We have an idea for his room.  We've collected a few clothes.  And just last night our friends brought over a crib and a car seat for us.  Now that makes it real.  There's a car seat sitting in a room that will soon belong to our baby boy.  Desmond will be here before we know it and our lives will never be the same.
I'm so excited to meet him and cannot wait to introduce him to the rest of the world.  Our baby boy.  Desmond.

2 comments:

  1. It *does* take a minute to switch over mindsets from one gender to another. And I totally agree there are SO many more cute girl clothes! *Esp* at holidays! But we've found some pretty darn cute boy stuff too hehe And as girly as I am and as much as I do want a girl too, I'd been told by other mom's of boys how special the bond is with their boy. Tho I don't know what the comparison is yet, I do love my little momma's boy and all the kisses and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys are awesome! There really is a bond between a little boy and his Momma, wouldn't traid either one of my sons (or my grandson), however, I do wish I had tried one more time for a girl...but, I'll just wait for a granddaughter. And Desmond is one blessed little boy, already before he is born, he is blessed! So, are you keeping the purple? Shelley

    ReplyDelete