Wednesday, May 23, 2012

If at First You Don't Succeed...

Try try again.  When we were planning out our home we utilized all of the space we had quite well.  What we were not prepared for was change.
I was excited to begin making plans for Desmond's room after the crib arrived.  I needed to distract myself that I was going to have to change everything about the room he was going to go into by getting myself excited for all of the new possibilities.  Remember this room?
It was one of my favorite rooms in the house.  

And while some people assured me it would work as a boys room and I could keep a woodland theme...it just wasn't working for us.  So we came up with a new idea.
Yes cue the Imperial March, little Desmond is getting a Star Wars room!
We're still planning out which images we like best, and just how we'll get everything set up, and what color to paint the room...But we have a plan.

Scratch that.  Had a plan.

You see we got the crib all together and after moving the furniture around three times, we quickly realized it was not all going to fit.  We tried taking pieces out and getting creative, but nothing was working.  Time for a new plan.

Jordan suggested we go in a whole new direction and that he would give up his office for Desmond to have a room of his own and not worry about sharing his space with house guests.  I felt sad.  We had worked hard to create that space just for him.  But I guess that's what being a parent is about.  Sacrificing for your children.
So Jordan is now sharing the guest room and our hallway office as his workspace.  And Jordan's office is becoming Desmond's room.
Which really works out, because now we don't have to do any repainting or redecorating!  Blessing in disguise!  And I'm even more excited about some of the changes and ways we're getting creative.  We still had to move stuff around but everything is in it's new proper place.  I'll share more of that with you as we get things better set up.  

It was never a matter of not having enough space...just a matter of making the space we have better suited for our growing family.  We feel so blessed to have this apartment and we love every bit of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment