Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Daddy Perspective - A Short Essay


Jordan had to write a little essay for our Tagalog tutoring using words that we've learned, and this is what he wrote. It made us both all teary-eyed when he read it out loud to me.  We're so excited for little Aqua Baby.  I love this man!
My name is Jordan Nisly and I am going to be a father.  This makes me very happy and excited.  My wife’s name is Nikki.  She is four months pregnant.  Our baby will be born in September here in the Philippines.  I can’t wait for that day to hold our baby and look in his or her eyes.  I know that will be a day that I will remember for the rest of my life.
I really want a baby girl.  I will be happy with a boy, but a beautiful, sweet girl would be so perfect.  I will love her so much!   What will her name be?  I still don’t know.  We like a lot of names and it is hard to choose the right one.
I want to be very helpful to my wife taking care of our baby.  I will cook and clean and take care of the house.  I praise the Lord for making me a father.   My favorite verse right now is Proverbs 22:6 – Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
Ang pangalan ko ay Jordan Nisly at ako ay magiging tatay.  Masayang Masaya ako at excited.  Ang pangalan ng asawa ko ay Nikki.  Siya ay apat na buwan na pregnant.  Ipapanganak ang baby naming sa Styembre ditto sa Pilipinas.  Hindi ako maghihintay sa araw na ito hawakan ating baby at tingnan ako sa kaniyang mga mata.
Gusto ko talaga ng baby girl.  Magiging masaya ako kung lalaki, pero ang maganda sweet girl ay magiging perfect.  Mamahalin ko siya ng marami!  Anong magiging pangalan niya?  Hind ko pa alam.  Gusto naming marami pangalan at mahirap pumili ng tamang pangalan.
Gusto ko maging matalungin na asawa at magalaga sa baby naming.  Magluluto at maglilinis ako at magalaga ng bahay.  Nagpupuri ako sa Panginoon dahil magiging tatay ako. Paborito bersikulo ko ay Mga Kawikaan 22:6 – Ituro sa bata ang tamang pag-uugali at hindi niya ito malilimutan hanggang sa kanyang paglaki.

No comments:

Post a Comment