Monday, May 14, 2012

Knowing I am Loved

Last week was a tough one emotionally for me, and God's been teaching me a lot on learning to let go and trust Him come what may.  I have a dear friend who helped me put things in perspective and I'm so grateful for her.  For her listening ear and her testimony of finding peace in God and counting all things joy.  
Frankly, this has been one of the biggest years of learning in my life.  There are good days and bad days, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Because I'm so thankful for what God has done and is doing in our family.
Family.  I've been thinking about that so much lately and rightfully so.  There's quite the balance that must take place, and God is already at work in our lives in causing us to figure that out.  This pregnancy has already caused us to examine a lot and weigh things out, and I'm thankful for a husband that loves me and provides for me, and now Aqua Baby.  There's no doubt that we are loved!
And we try to spread reminders of this throughout our home.  Because that's what home should be.  A place where grace and love abound.  And that requires selflessness and a constant focus on others.  It's a tall order, but one we are committed to.  And with God's help and a constant focus on Him, we will live this out to the best of our ability.  Because we are already responsible.  We're already parents.  And it was nice to feel that this weekend.
I got a special card from Jordan and Aqua Baby.  And though Sunday was filled with ministry, it was nice to come home with my husband and sit and relax getting caught up in Lost while eating Korean take-out.  It was really a perfect day.  Because I know we're in this together and that's the best feeling of all.  God has truly blessed us.  So how are we doing in week 21?
Well as you can see what is comfortable and practical doesn't show much of anything going on.  So I'll put on a belt and pull in my shirt, and try to show you a bump.
We go back to the doctor this week for our regular check-up and we're going to see Aqua Baby on the big screen again, and see if we can see anything this time to reveal boy or girl....don't worry, we'll keep ya posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment