Monday, July 2, 2012

Calling all Moms & Moms to Be

It's that time.  The time when I start getting serious about this baby coming.  I've thought about it.  I've talked about it.  But time is running out!  He's almost here and there's so much to do.  It's quite overwhelming.

I've headed over to both Babies "R" Us and Target via the world wide web and began making THE LIST.  I've scoured countless sources to try to figure out what in the world to put on there, but I think I need some verbal feed back from some "all ready been there moms" and "my baby is coming soon too moms" to help me out.
So here's the question of questions.  What should I put on there?  What's some must have items that you have found to be of help and use?  And please don't just give me....you don't really need anything.  Just a place to put it down to sleep and lots of love.  I already know that!

I feel pretty good about what I've already got going, but I would just feel more assured hearing some feedback from all of you.  Thanks in advance!  As time gets closer, we're definitely getting more excited.  Jordan says all of the time he just wants him to be here, so he can hold him.  And that always melts my heart.  I know we're covered in the love department!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I just worked on an email for the Walton's. I will send it your way. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well when I registered they just gave me a list of things you need and then nicks sister talked to me about the things I needed. I know for me I just need all the little things like bottles and the accessories that go with that and idk. What have you gotten furniture wise? I think personally it's going to be easier to put a changing pad on a dresser instead of using a changing table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, honey! Here's a few things that we LOVE for Hudson. :)

    1. The bumbo! (This thing is awesome! It's like an armchair for babies, and he'll be using it sooner than you think.)
    2. Swaddlers (We use the Summer brand, I think. They're kind of pricey, but they make swaddling a breeze with their velcro pads. We love them so much, we're looking to see if they make ones for bigger babies. He sleeps so well when he's swaddled.)
    3. Washcloths (We wind up using these for everything, not just bathtime, so get more than you think you'll need.)
    4. Safety 1st Bathtub (This thing is sweet. The one we have folds for better storage. It has a non-slip pad and the shape of it helps him recline comfortably. Don't know if Desmond will do this, but Hud pees in the bath every time!! I just pick him up, empty the tub out, and start again. It makes me laugh.)
    5. Changing pads (The ones that you use on top of your big changing pad and that you can just toss in the wash. In the first few weeks, we would go through 3-4 of those a day. I had to run to the store and buy more!)

    Those are the things that come to mind. Remember, as you near his arrival, that the Lord has ALREADY given you everything you need. I always think back to Exodus. Do you remember how the Lord told the Israelites to ask their masters for gifts before they left them? It said something like "in this way, they would plunder the Egyptians." Well, later on the Lord requires each family to give certain things to help build the temple - the very things the Egyptians gave them!! In other words, both spiritually and physically, the Lord has already provided. Be glad in Him! Love you!

    ReplyDelete