Thursday, July 26, 2012

Life in 3D

Well this might be the coolest post yet in all of my pregnancy!  Things just keep getting better and better with each new week.  It was so exciting to find out we were expecting.  Then we got to see Aqua Baby for the first time as a little sprout just starting out.  We found out the identity and named our little boy.  I remember those first few flutters, and then seeing Jordan's face when he got to feel him for the first time.  But today we really got to see him!  3D technology is amazing!!
With each sonogram before I squinted and smiled at the blobs dancing on the screen and marveled at how that was inside me.  I tried to make out as best I could all of the things they were telling me they were seeing, but I mostly just took their word for it.  But this.  This was different.  I could see his little face and I fell in love even more.
I can only imagine what joy and overwhelming delight enters a parent's heart the first time they actually see their baby for the first time, and then to hold it.  I really can't wait for that day to come now!  So without further adieu I introduce you to Little Desmond Nisly:
He was moving around so much when we first got to the place and then we were stuck waiting.  I was beginning to worry we would have another repeat on our hands of our little mister not cooperating.  I was ushered into the awkward room and within seconds we saw his face on the big screen!  He was sleepy but awake, but was getting quite annoyed with our intrusion into his space.
The blob you see by his chin is the umbilical cord, which apparently he was using as a chew toy!  Should I be worried!?  Son...don't you know this is the source of your life!  Jordan assured me he would not chew through it, unless of course he already has teeth!  Terrifying!  Don't tell me stuff like that.  Hopefully he learns to leave well enough alone for a big longer!  You still have a few more weeks in there little boy.
Look at those pouty little lips!  AGH!  So cute.  Ok so now the question again...Who does he look like?  Let's revisit Little Jor-Jor and Little Nikki:
I know he'll be the best mix of both of us!  I can't stop staring at his cute little face.  He's perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment