Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Paradise by the Slice

One can never have too many variations on loaves of bread!  And this one did not disappoint.  It has just the right amount of sweetness for breakfast and the flavors are like paradise in bread form.  I did a combination of a few recipes I had seen from some of my favorite food bloggers and came up with a mixture of my own.  It's a perfect summer treat, whether you live in the tropics or not.

Pineapple Coconut Banana Bread
(adapted from Joy the Baker and Chocolate Covered Katie)
Ingredients:
2 large bananas smashed
1/2 cup heaping finely chopped pineapple
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
dash ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 chopped macadamia nuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a loaf pan, then set aside.  In a medium bowl mash the bananas, then add the chopped pineapple, coconut oil, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.  In a separate bowl sift together the two flours, baking soda & powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt.  Add the dry mixture the wet mixture and stir together.  Then fold in your coconut and macadamia nuts.  Put in your prepared loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until bread is nice and golden brown on the top.  Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes then cut up and serve!  

3 comments:

  1. Methinks the husband would like this... and I have all the stuff at home right now! I'll let you know if we get the chance to try it!

    P.S. It's gotten to that I-forgot-how-much-I-hate-hot-weather-until-now point in Kansas... thinking about you and your hot-all-the-timeness! (And yes, you ARE hott all the time!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I enjoyed the bread a lot! It's fun to mix things up. HA Get it? I'm a nerd.
      I'm glad to know the heat brings some positive response! =) You crack me up! Miss you!!

      Delete