Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Time Keeps Marching On

Week 30.  Which means only 10 weeks left.  The last week that we are in double digits of weeks left until Desmond comes.  Well, that is if all goes according to the 40 week rule.  At this point I'm open to whatever.  I've already seen that there is so much that is unpredictable in being pregnant.  So I'm not counting on anything.  
I think it's definitely been easier to distinguish that I am pregnant and not just packing on the pounds.  Maybe that wasn't so obvious a few weeks ago, but the bump is definitely there now. I still can't imagine what my stomach will look like in the end.  Maybe it won't be that big...though I already feel huge.  I'm definitely going to give myself a break upon his arrival...but then it's time to get back to work.  Insanity here I come.  Also, if anyone wants to get that for me I'd be forever grateful!  =)  People like to tell you you're getting bigger, so they should like to help you get back in shape too.  Why are there no registries for that!?
I think it finally has caught up to me that we're having a baby.  I know...I'm just slow.  We made the decision to use cloth diapers and I wanted to make sure I got all of my research in before I added them to my registry.  I finally got there today, and all of the sudden it just hit me.  Why diapers made everything feel more real than a crib sitting in his soon to be room did, I don't know.  But it did.  I guess I was thinking about what it would be like to cloth him and change him and I just realized...HE'S ALMOST HERE!  We have another doctor's appointment on Thursday and then after that I go every two weeks.  Which means more frequent visits, because we are nearing the end.  The days feel so long sometimes but the weeks are really just flying by.
I've been anxious off and on this whole pregnancy, but I'm just getting really excited to meet our little boy.  I feel like with each new week I get more and more ready for him.  I have loads of friends who have given birth over the past few months and some that are really getting close and with each one my heart skips a bit and I can't wait until it's our turn.  Your Mommy and Daddy love you Desmond!

And just to leave you with a fun one...


This is when Jordan started channeling Austin Powers and of course I obliged...we try to make the photo shoots fun and sometimes I let down my guard and let you in on the silliness too.  We're pretty ridiculous and nerdy folk.  

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks. It was a $1.50 thrift store find in Kansas City. Not even a maternity shirt.

      Delete
  2. oh and i downloaded that ap you and Amanda use to text each other. So text me!

    ReplyDelete