Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Always Learning

And this is the last week of the 2nd trimester people!  Crazy!  What's new this week?  Well I'm fighting a cold, which is no fun.  Here's to hoping it passes quickly.  In good news I passed my glycemic test and there is no gestational diabetes to worry about.  My doctor told me I actually have a pretty low sugar count.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but I feel good, so I'll take it.  
Being pregnant has been quite different than I envisioned.  I guess I don't really know what I thought it would be like, but I didn't think it would be like this.  And I don't mean that in a bad way.  It's been interesting to see how things have progressed and panned out and what this journey has been like for me personally.  I still don't understand how things seem to move so slow, but then it shocks me of how little time is left.  I'm just constantly being reminded to be patient and content.  Why is that so hard for us to do sometimes?
And why is it shocking to us to see how God has His perfect timing of things.  I'm currently participating in a reading plan through this awesome website that you can sign up with through the YouVersion App:
   
A new devotional has started and wouldn't you know it, it's all about the Surrendered Life.  Giving up control, learning to let go, to take things as they come, and how to live in the midst of it all.  Perfect timing I'd say.
I love how God uses tangible things to teach us so much even when we're stubborn or slow.  So I'll just leave you with todays verse:

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

New Living Translation (NLT)
16 Always be joyful. 17 Never stop praying. 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
Amen and amen!

2 comments:

  1. We must dialogue about things then! Such good stuff there already!

    ReplyDelete