Monday, June 18, 2012

Knowledge is Power

And I need some quick!

There are only 98 days left in my pregnancy!  That still sounds like a lot, but it shocked me today when I saw we were under 100.
He will be here before we know it, and some days that really freaks me out because I still feel so clueless.  I was the youngest in my family so there was no one to baby but me.  And I was never really a fan of babysitting, so I'm not too experienced with kids.  And I never really liked them all that much anyway.  Some people laugh when I tell them that, and I'm sure they're thinking poor Desmond.
But before I leave you thinking I'm going to be a terrible unfit mother, let me just reassure you something had changed in my heart.  Not as dramatic as it was with the Grinch...but maybe similar.  When I got married I really couldn't wait to be a mom.  I love the idea of family and couldn't wait to have one of my own.  And though taking care of another human overwhelms me to no end some days, I cannot wait to hold this little boy and love him with everything I have.  
We're nearing the last segment of this pregnancy and I'm quite excited for all of the days ahead.  Any advice you have is quite welcome.  I have a lot to learn in the next three months!   It's cram time!

No comments:

Post a Comment