Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Patience from the Start...

I've never been good at being patient.  I've never been good at keeping things secret.  But both were required of me for far too long.  Only...there's still much patience needed.  Another 194 days are so to go, and then a lifetime of it to follow.  But it's all worth it.
This little life will be wroth it.  It's all still so surreal.  But from here on out I think it will start to sink in more.

So how did we find out?

I'll admit.  I had freaked out a few times in the past few years thinking it was a possibility but it always came back negative.  So I made sure this time I gave myself ample time for mother nature to be at work.    Only nothing happened.  I was so nervous going into the drug store to buy the test.  I thought I was crazy for buying it, because it was only going to say no.  But it had been long enough.  I went home and it sat there.  Not for long, but I just wanted to wait to see the, No you're not pregnant sign.   But then when I saw the two lines starring back at me.  I freaked for a second.  And then broke out in hysterical laughter.  NO WAY WAS THIS TRUE!  I tried to compose myself before heading into the living room to tell Jordan, but as soon as I saw him I just started laughing.  He hugged me, with damp eyes, obviously he's better at taking this news than I was, and then we prayed.  I quickly grabbed my computer and wanted to know when this thing was coming!  September 24.  I was already 7 weeks.
We wanted to be cautious in telling people, so we decided to wait.  I only told one person, because I had no clue about when to go to the doctor and everything involved and let's add in that we live in a foreign country, so I needed some help.  And then we waited more.  3 more weeks before we got to hear one of the coolest things.  Although just before this I had to tell my parents, because I couldn't keep it from them any longer!  (You know they're excited!)
And that's Doctor Rivera.  She's awesome and has been delivering babies for a long time.  My favorite thing is one of the first things she said to me was, "Wow you're tall.  But you're not my tallest patient.  I once delivered the baby of a 6'2" Russian woman, so you'll be easy."

I played that sound again and again to remember it was all real.  And sent it to my brothers, who were more than thrilled at the thought of being Uncles.
And hearing it was good.  But what I really wanted was a picture.  I WANTED TO SEE THAT IT WAS REAL!  See - I told you I was bad at being patient.  But that meant waiting two more weeks.
We went in the first chance we got.  And they almost didn't do it, but I think they saw how desperate I was.  I wasn't leaving without a picture!  Besides, they're the ones that told me I could at 12 weeks!  And I was 12 weeks and 1 day!  Though the baby was quite active, and continuously moving and running away from them, they managed to hold it steady long enough to get a picture of the most perfect thing I've ever seen!  Our little sprout!
I think it's more exciting to watch Jordan through all of this.  He checks up on me all of the time, and takes care of every request of I have, and tells our little baby how much he loves us both!  He's such a proud Dad already!
We're so excited for our growing family!  And I can't wait to document everything along the way!  Life is good!

6 comments:

  1. SO so happy for you both! Thanks for sharing this precious time of your life with us! Looking forward to seeing the new little baby Nisely!
    Love you,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool way to journal this wonderful path you are headed down. And if I am excited about it, I can't imagine how excited both of your parents must be. Congratulations and I'll be watching for the next journal entry.

    Love, Carl & Shelley Hill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki, I am so happy for you and Jordan! You both are amazing people and will be amazing parents. Can't wait to meet him or her :)
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly another testimony of God's goodness and following His will at all times... Thanks guys for being here with us in the Team... we are just so blessed with both of you. Very true a miracle, that only our God knows best for each one.. and that's giving you the baby in God's time. As i comment in FB "Made in Philippines" are always the best... from all Asian Countries... lol. I personally knows Dr. Rivera. Take care Nikki we are all excited to follow your Blog on having baby Nisly soon. Again my congratulations to both and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO AWESOME!!! WE are so excited for you all! That little sweet thing is very blessed to have you two as parents.
    Love to you, Stephen, Juli and the kids

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! so excited for you guys!! AND if he/she decides to be a day early we will share the same birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete