Thursday, March 15, 2012

Who Wouldn't Love You

I wonder a lot of things about this little person growing inside of me.  Like what I should call it before I know if it's a boy or a girl?  I don't like referring to it, as it.  That just seems so impersonal.  But I haven't come up with anything yet.  Suggestions?

Jordan wants to call it Arthur Curry Jr. aka Aqua Baby, as a place holder until we know what gender the baby is and we can name it.

I also wonder what he or she will look like.  What does a mix of me and Jordan look like?  All I know is, I don't want an ugly baby.  HA!  That sounds so vain writing that out and not just thinking it, but it's true!  And people tell me there are no ugly babies, and because it's mine it will be perfect, but some babies are just not cute.

But seriously.  I know it will be perfect, even in our human imperfection.  I have two apps I follow daily to see what's going on inside and what the baby's doing and how it's growing.  Wow is it amazing!  How does anyone believe there is no God and we happen by chance!  Growing a baby is a miracle!  Even at this point of only being two inches long and 1/2 an oz.  this thing has fingernails!  I feel like that's such a crazy detail, that it already has fingernails!

Back to my curiosity of what our baby will look like, let's get to the source of it all: Me and Jordan when we were babies.
Jordan was quite the precious little model baby wasn't he?  And he would totally agree.  We actually have a framed baby picture of him on our bookshelf.  And when we dug out these pictures, he looked so longingly at himself, mesmerized by his own adorableness.  In fact, I still catch him looking at old pictures of himself.  Let's just say he has a healthy self image.  He tells me it's really because he imagines having a little boy just like that.  Cute and adorable, just like him.  See what I mean...
I on the other hand was one of those babies who were cute in their own way.  My feet were turned in, my hair stood straight up and for a while my eyes were crossed.  Thank goodness it was only a phase.  I did have some cute days at least.
 And I still have this dress.  So if we have a little girl.  She will totally be photographed in it too!
And if our kid looks like Jordan, we'll be totally blessed.  Regardless who wouldn't love either of these two from the start?  Maybe it's true...when it's yours, there are no ugly babies.

1 comment:

  1. You are right Aqua baby will be yours so he/she will be beautiful! And besides that look how beautiful you turned out! Shelley hill

    ReplyDelete