Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What's Cookin--Home Tour Part 3

And now I take you onward to the Kitchen!
It's probably the place I spend most of my time.  Everything I do rides on the comfort of my surroundings, and this is a whole new kitchen to me.  New place.  New stuff.  New climate to deal with.  All new.  But I finally feel like I can work and move in this space and create some yummy things to take care of my family and friends.
I love my double counter!  It's great for serving and hosting.  There's just one thing missing.  Some bar stools, but I gotta save up for those.  Maybe soon....
Even this space is filled with fun little knick-knacks and things I collected along the way in our travels.
The spot I come to first thing every morning!  COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE!
This kitchen provides the perfect amount of counter space and storage space.  There's even a place for all of my cookbooks!
My favorite little arrangement.
I love this space above my sink.  It serves as the best place to add a little slice of Americana.
When we lived in Hutchinson, we lived in the home of a woman who works on our team while she was in the Philippines.  She had a little blue bird in her kitchen, and a white hen dish and I just fell in love with them.  I had to find some of my own.
This is referred to as the Ref here.  It takes some getting used to to call it that.  And if you're wondering what that box on the counter is, it's called an automatic voltage regulator.  It's saves my appliances from frying or dying.  It also takes some getting used to.  I don't ever have to do anything to it...just look at it.
First I'll show you what's behind door number one.
This is a great little space to have.  Though the green and yellow handles are a little unsightly.  But again...so much storage space!
And now behind door number two and three!
So much storage my cabinets look bare.  That, and we ate all of our snacks from the States already.  Send care-package soon Ma and Pa!  I here a Trader Joe's trip in your future! =)
Now on to some other fun cabinets and a look inside them:
I actually have Pyrex dishes from both my Mom and Jordan's Mom!  
We do eat other things besides desserts...but they are my favorite!
And there you have it.  The kitchen!
I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful space to cook in.

1 comment:

  1. What a bright and fun kitchen! I can't get over all of the storage you have..

    ReplyDelete