Friday, January 6, 2012

Come in & Stay Awhile

I'm so excited to share pictures of our home with you!  I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful place that I love to call home.  Honestly, we wouldn't have this home without all of the people who have supported us along the way in getting us here, so thank you!  I owe you so much and I'm glad to have little pieces of my friends and family throughout our home, as well as treasures I found all throughout or travels.  So come on in and stay a while!
This is what you see when you enter our place. We're starting out here, and I'll show you the details of the entryway, as well as my little artist nook on the other side there, but you'll have to wait till next time to see the rest.  Here's a view from the other side:
This is a needlepoint picture I picked up in Hutch as well as the wooden frame around it.  So I guess it holds double meaning for us.  And the little clay America box was done by another budding artist in the family, Jordan!  He wanted me to point out that the emphasis is on the state of Kansas with the handle.  He's Kansas blood through and through.
Then there's some artwork I did a while back that we put up for us to remember the Seasons, since there are really only two here: hot and hotter. ;)
And back on the left side, some Randy Bacon Photography (love) and one of my favorite things I picked up, this bird mirror.
The living room would then be on your right, but we're not ready for that yet...still on our way down the wall to the artist nook.
This next piece is also a favorite of mine that crossed my path just before we shipped out.  We had a garage sale through our church in Hutch and someone donated this owl lamp for us to sell, but I snagged it for myself.  It now graces my home here in Manila and I LOVE IT!
**I took this picture at night, so you could get the full effect of its awesomeness!
And now to:
I love this cozy little corner but if you've ever seen me work, you know it will actually be a challenge for me to stay in this space; I like to spread out!  ** pardon the ugly cardboard blocking the whole in our wall.  We haven't gotten around to remedying that yet.**  But the view is quite inspirational!  So much sunshine!
I'll definitely have plenty to keep me busy with, and this space will definitely serve it's purpose in all of my planning and creating!  I even have some of my favorite things above me:
My favorite poem and painting: The Lady of Shalott by Lord Alfred Tennyson
                                                   The Lady of Shalott by John William Waterhouse
**you should definitely check out more of the works of both of these fine men.  So magical.  So romantic.
Some more RB Photography of me and my darling husband.
A butterfly poster.
And a Dry Erase Board I made from an old window.

And that concludes the first part of our tour.  But be sure to stick around for the rest.  I have lots more to show you!  Ta-ta for now!

Nikki


1 comment:

  1. It is looking beautiful. But I knew it would!

    ReplyDelete