Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 12

Today was a good day.  I got to be in the kitchen for a bit and made a killer vegan caesar salad that must be made again soon.  It all got eaten at our meeting, which always makes me happy.  We had a good meeting sharing all of the things we're involved in with Dr. Jon Konnerup (the Mission Director of the BBFI).  Spent the rest of the afternoon chatting with two of our teammates, who always make me happy and feel complete.  They're also coming to my house tomorrow night, which again...makes me happy.  Got home and then sat and chatted with Jordan in his office, which makes me more than happy.  And then did a bit of cleaning.  Which I take great pride in, and actually weirdly enough, enjoy.  To top it all off-the day ended with this sunset.

She:




and Him:

Jordan's picture comes from his commute to another one of our BBCA locations where he is teaching the Four Gospels.  He gets so happy when he talks about his students and his classes!

God is good, and we are fitting right in.  It feels good to be a part of something so big.  Something so much bigger than us!

Nikki

1 comment:

  1. I realize I'm 12 days late to this blog party, but I made it! I had to refrain from commenting on every post. Your home...so cozy! That pumpkin soup...yum! I'm thrilled your blogging about life in Asia. I miss it.

    Also, I'm not sure what type of learners you are, but as far as language, the best tip I can give you is to go out and use what you learn as you learn it. If you learn the words for veggies, go to the market. Directions? Take a taxi ride around town...etc. My language tutor was the sweetest thing and was hand picked for me and my time there. I pray yours is a person of peace as well.

    ReplyDelete