Saturday, January 28, 2012

Home Tour : The Guest Room

Welcome to the guest room.  Just sitting off of the blue living room wall, the guest room has been dubbed the "Bird Room" and you'll quickly see why.
Taken from my friend Skyler, I loved the idea that the wreath isn't just for the front door.  It's like the first punch of welcomeness into a room.
It's total girl in here too, with some fun pops of hot pink.  So sorry in advance to my Dad and any other guys who might stay here in the future.  I promise it's cozy though!
Got some of my favorite things hanging including this house.  Which is one of my most cherished finds, because if you can see from the bottom right, it's also a music box.  And it plays My Favorite Things.  I have a little ways to go in filling it though.
This room also has tons of great storage, so it also dubs as my art supply room.  But don't worry I left you space in one of the closets to hang your clothes! =)
And under the windows were these two great built in bookcases, that once had doors, that I chose to remove to expose them and open up the wall.  No curtains yet...I have the material, just need to get some made, so it's too bright to take a shot of the window, but let me show you the view:
YEAH!  It's beautiful.
A place to sit and read, and unpack your bags.
It's time for this room to get some use!  When are you coming to visit?
Seriously.  You're welcome any time!

2 comments:

  1. Love the wreath & love this room! So welcoming - I love getting to see you guys make the Philippines home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "Favorite Things" box is killer!

    ReplyDelete