Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Closing In

Even as I post this I can't believe how fast this week is already slipping away.  It's crazy reading things that say you could have your new baby in 3 days or 3 weeks.  What the what!?  I know he's coming.  I know it.  But sometimes it still hardly seems real.  And sometimes it all seems so overwhelming.  But mostly the anticipation and joy that's mounting is winning out.   I think it's still just weird to think I'm about to be a Mom!   
It helps that I have so many friends who have become parents in the last few months and their joy gets me choked up almost every time.  It makes me so excited for this next phase of our lives, and for us to get to experience all of those things ourselves.  It also became very real, when my partner in crime who was due just days apart from me, had her baby this last weekend.  It kind of kicked me and Jordan into high gear.
Jordan and I have been watching videos together to know what to prepare for and what's coming, but my favorite part is watching him watch the videos.  There's this whole new side of him that has come out that absolutely melts my heart and makes me love him even more.  Someone recently told me, they fell in love with their husband all over again watching him with their child.  I can already see this to be true.  And I've said it before and I'll say it again...I am so blessed to have this man by my side!  
We're still working on Desmond's room.  I'm still trying to make last minute preparations around the house.  I've been in the kitchen cooking up a storm trying to get a good stock of meals.  Still doing laundry and trying to figure out what to pack for the hospital.  Still trying to learn as much as I can so we're all ready.  
Because ready or not...he's coming.      

No comments:

Post a Comment