Thursday, September 20, 2012

Any Day Now

It's almost unreal to think any day now Desmond could decide to make his arrival.  I can't believe we're already at the end.
And as I took my pictures today, I wondered if this would be my last without him, or will we be documenting week 40 as well?  And sorry for my hair.  I totally have a mullet right now.  EW!  I'm just bored with it and trying to grow it out, but someone needs a trim!  Yikes.
Anyway...we had a doctor's appointment today and still no sign of him coming any time soon.  But again, this kid has a mind of his own and I think he's just going to leave us watching and waiting.  My doctor wanted me to get a sonogram just to insure all was well and I was ok to keep going, because he was still ok inside.  But he gave all of the technicians and myself a little scare.  Though his actions were pretty normal, it was all new to them.
There he was on the screen in his favorite position.  Head leaned in to my right side, with his little fists by his face.  They had to get some measurements and see that he was passing several tests, but he again, did not want to comply.  He was content to be right where he was and no amount of poking or prodding, or bell ringing for 30 minutes was going to get him to move.  But he did give us the peace sign at one point just to let us know all was well.
Oh Little Desmond we're so excited for you and we eagerly await with great anticipation to welcome you into the world!  We'll be patient, so you just come in your own time, ok?  

1 comment:

  1. you are so beautiful, mama!

    the end is the hardest part. waiting and waiting. he will come when it's his perfect time, even if it isn't yours. :)

    try to rest and enjoy these last moments alone with jordan. :)

    ReplyDelete