Monday, August 6, 2012

The Perfect Dress

So I cheated and took my pictures a day early.  But I can guarantee not much has changed since yesterday.
Now I'm not one to know much about fashion, nor do I even pretend to know what's hot from season to season.  But what I have discovered in the past few years is the importance of feeling comfortable in your own skin, and clothing is a big part of that.  
I've always been a curvy woman and I've learned to embrace it.  And while I still have to keep myself in check from time to time I've been really happy to have put in the effort over the past few years to find a healthier me!  Gaining weight throughout my pregnancy has been something that just comes with the territory.  I've touched on it a lot.  I know.  But it's just so much of my story.  But today I want to focus on the positive.  And that is the ultimate pregnancy article of clothing, that isn't even maternity clothing at all!
I absolutely love this dress.  I've loved it since the day I got it.  It's so easy and so comfortable.  I've been waiting to wear it at some point in my pregnancy when you could actually see my bump, and the day finally came.  Since we've been helping out at a new church plant all summer we hadn't been to the church we originally started at since Easter.  Seeing people after that many months while being pregnant could be a traumatic experience.  It would be quite obvious to everyone that you have in fact been gaining weight.  I wanted to feel good about myself and I knew this would be the perfect dress for the occasion.  
I realize I probably sound quite vain right now...but I know there are other women (and probably men--though not dealing with pregnancy issues of course) who know what I'm talking about it.  Who doesn't like to feel good about themselves?  I really believe it's important to take care of the bodies we've been given through a healthy eating lifestyle and regular exercise.  I don't pretend to be an expert or perfect by any means, but it's something I try to keep a healthy balance in.
The way clothes feel on me has changed over the course of my pregnancy.  I was even a bit shocked the other day when I looked back at the early weeks when I thought I was big.  I'm pretty ready to be back to those days.  They're looking pretty good right about now.  HAHA.  But it's all worth it.  Becoming a Mom has to be one of the coolest experiences.  There's still some time left, and then that moment of finally seeing this life that's been growing inside of me!  I can't wait! 

4 comments:

  1. You look adorable! Everyone asked me if I was having twins or triplets. And then when I would say no they would look at me like "Really?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would do the same thing! I felt SOOO big at 23 weeks. HA! TWENTY THREE WEEKS?! I was a house at 39 weeks, and wished I could be back at 23! haha! Isn't it funny how perspective changes? You're looking amazing, by the way. Nothing to worry about. You're a stunner! The bump only compliments you!
    -Laura Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maxi dresses have always been my favorite wardrobe staple pregnant and even not pregnant! :)

    ReplyDelete