Friday, February 1, 2013

Doing a Little Housekeeping

While I know it's late to be talking about New Year's resolutions, I'm still stuck on that fresh start that comes with another year turning over in the calendar.  It's energizing.  It makes me pause and think about life and what I want to change and aspire to.  What works and what doesn't. etc. etc...
I feel like this past month has been a bombardment of realizations, challenges, and inspiration.  Maybe that's because while everyone else was writing about it and moving on...I was still contemplating.  So I'm thankful for the continual month of influence.

I'm the kind of person who never has just one thing I want to work on, but at least a million.  I feel like once I start thinking, everything just flows into the next thing.  It's all connected.  All affected.  It's the whole many parts one body thing!  Anyway, my blog fits into that realm as well.  Hopefully this year it will run as a platform for sharing all of those things that are a work in progress in my life.  After-all, there are many facets to this one body.  Several things that make up me and I want to be active in pursuing all of them.  Finding a balance and not getting lost in my sweats taking care of a baby.  Though being Desmond's Mom is probably one of the best things I've experienced in my life.
I can't handle all of the cuteness!  I just love him to pieces.

So here are just a few of the things that have always been here or there on the blog, but hopefully will have a more frequent presence.

First off--My Spiritual life.
What God is doing in me personally, as He is continually teaching me new things.  And the ways in which He is using us (my family) in ministry (currently here in the Philippines).
You've never seen such beautiful kids, or met such kind and happy people until you've been to the Philippines!

My Son and Husband (My Family)
They are my biggest ministry--being a wife and mom.  It's no easy task but worth every minute of it.  God has used Jordan in so many ways to challenge me, encourage me and make me a better woman.  I couldn't imagine life without him.  He is one of the most humble, kind, and gentle spirits you will ever meet!  And Desmond...well he's the best thing.  Our pride and joy.  And just in his four months of life here on this earth I have learned so much more about love and offering it unconditionally than I did in all of my 29 years previous.
 
My Art
I'm forcing myself to be more creative this year.  Yes there are ways I've continued in pursuing creativity, but this year is all about making more art.  I've taken a little over a year off, so it's time to get back to it!!  Though I'm not off to a good start...I'm still pondering just what to do.

Cooking
I'm really excited about this one, because one of my goals this year is to compile all of our family favorites and get them made into a cookbook!  I was so excited when I read about this online.  I knew there were plenty of places to make photobooks, but never did I think about a cookbook!  I've already got so many recipes up my sleeve (thank you Pinterest).
 
Fitness:
This one is a little tough for me.  I haven't been an avid runner since the Fall of 2011.  I miss it, and it's been tough to find my rhythm here.  Nor has there been any bike rides.  They were two of my favorite things and it almost seems like a blur that I used to be decent at either one of them.  BUT, I'm working past my opposition somewhat and still finding plenty of ways to incorporate exercise.  It just means a lot of DVDs right now.
  
That might be about it for now.  But who knows...as long as my mind is wandering there's bound to be something else added to the mix.  Though I think that about sums me up.  So here we go 2013--let's do this!

But first sleep...

  

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, he is just the CUTEST!! I love him. I know I say it all the time, but it's true.

    ReplyDelete