Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Things keep coming and going, and my days seem to slip away before I even realize it.  It doesn't help that I usually crash by 8 pm, and try to force myself to stay awake at least until 9:30.  Jordan and I were just laughing at ourselves the other night about what old fuddy duddies we've become. But lets face it...we were never really party animals, but now it's just gotten absurd.  Someone seems to be draining all of the fun right out of us...
And we love him for it!  
Speaking of love...before it gets away from me...I'll just share about our Valentine's Day.  It's seems to be quite the controversial Holiday and some people even choose to boycott it.  I'm all for another day of finding ways to say I love you.  So we celebrated for not one, but two days!
I surprised Jordan with some homemade pizza on the 13th, because I knew he had a plan for the 14th.  
And if you know my husband...you know nothing says I love you better than pizza!  Unless it's pizza with heart shaped pepperonis!  I think it's a love language of his all to its own.  Here's more proof if you don't believe me.  This is evidence from that morning:
  One little conversation about pizza between Jordan and Matt Adrian...and you get this.  It's awesome!
Needless to say...with my pizza making skills, I'll have his heart forever!
The 14th is the one day of the year I can count on not having to be in the kitchen and dinner being made just for me!   
Our first Valentine's together, Jordan got my roommates to let him into our house while I was at work and he got busy making dinner and decorating our living room with candles and roses.  And then the next year it became tradition!  Living in our studio apartment with no dining room table, we had a picnic right in the living room.  I love that this is our thing.  It was always manicotti until we came here to Manila, we have yet to find the proper shells, so it's morphed into lasagna.  And even with my change in diet, Jordan has still done all of the research and shopping to make me the best Vegan Valentine's ever!  He knocked it out of the park this year.  So much so that his recipe for vegan ricotta is going in our family cookbook! 
Ingredients:

600g firm tofu
1 TBS. minced garlic
2 TBS. olive oil
1/2 cup soymilk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 TBS. lemon juice
2 TBS. freshly minced parsley
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
3/4 cup roughly chopped baby bella mushrooms

Directions:
In a food processor combine all ingredients except for the mushrooms and blend until well combined.  Lastly throw in the baby bellas and pulse a few times until well incorporated.

Use this recipe anywhere ricotta is called for, lasagna, manicotti, pizza, the possibilities are endless. 
Ain't love grand!  And it's safe to say the quickest way to our hearts is through our stomachs.  We're quite the foodies.  
But seriously...I'm just so thankful for this man in my life and all God has done in our marriage to make us stronger and more committed to each other.    

No comments:

Post a Comment