Thursday, January 17, 2013

1-2-3...

...months have gone by.  And we're quickly approaching the fourth!
I was just at a baby shower the other night and everyone was going around giving words of advice to the Mom-to-be.  The thing that came up the most -- savor every moment because it all goes so quickly.  Boy is it true.
(1 Month)
I know some of you are probably laughing as you read that with your kids going off to college or having children of their own, and you're thinking, "She really has no idea..."
Which is precisely why I'm doing just that.  Savoring every moment.  At least trying my hardest to.  I still go in his room every night before I go to bed and place my hand gently on his chest just to feel him breathe.  I am just so amazed at the gift of life and this little guy God has given us!
(2 Months)
I, like every Mom, have had my ups and downs, good days and bad days, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I find that with every relationship we have in life we seem to learn more about ourselves, more about God, and the ways in which all of it is so connected.  I've never known such unconditional love until now.  I know I know, it's all so new and exciting.  But seriously, when you have a day where your kid learns to throw his first full fledged temper-tantrum and decides to do it all day long, and then at the end of the day gives you that big gummy smile that just melts your heart, you know that love very well.  
The first few months were definitely blissful, getting to hold this tiny little baby and just stare at him with such awe and wonder, but with each new stage, and each new month he becomes more and more fun.  Discovering the kind of little boy he's gonna be, watching him do things for the first time, and hearing the best sound in the world -- baby giggles, ahh I just can't get enough and I'm so excited for more!
(3 Months)
He is a very determined little boy, I can see that already.  He's strong and loving and is quite the deep thinker.  
So far his favorite things seem to be things dangling above his head, music, and flashing lights.  He loves to talk and wakes up doing it.  He sleeps through the night (I know, I'm blessed) and almost makes it through the grocery store without crying.  It's a very overwhelming place.
He's quite popular every where we go, and all of the kids at church love him.  For most of them, he's the first white baby they've ever seen and they find everything about him fascinating.  Life as a Mom has already taught me many things and I plan on going more in depth in the future.  For now...we're just trying to get up to speed.  Those first few months definitely go by in a blur!   

2 comments:

  1. i think the last photo is his Zoolander face!!! hahaha too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I scrolled down to see Steffanie's comment I thought, Zoolander! That's awesome haha
    On a more sentimental note, I still remember taking Connor in as an infant to his crib, telling him daddy loves him, mommy loves him, and Jesus loves him. I always teared up when I said Jesus loves him-like I am now ha! I remember those temper tantrum days and we have them now too. Those moments really are outnumbered by the good thank heavens!

    ReplyDelete