Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Four Month Rundown

This last month might have been my favorite yet.  Glancing back through pictures I was reminded of all of the little things this guy discovered and learned to do.
He loves to laugh and play with Dad and as you can see I love it too (hence the cheesy heart frame)!  They are just so cute together.
  Hopefully he gets his smarts from his Daddy.
He also discovered his hands and his ability to reach for things and get ahold of them.  I think it's just the funniest little thing to look over and see tiny little hands reaching up out of his bassinet.  But most of the time his hands can be found here...
I have witnessed him get his whole fist in his mouth before.  It's quite a sight.  It also means lots of slobber.  He's still cute though, so I don't really mind.  What's worse is when he latches on to your neck. We call him the leech.  We're trying to break this habit.  It's not pleasant.  And I think if it happened to someone else...they really wouldn't like it.
He's also big enough to stand and play on his own in his exersaucer.  He favorite part about it, is that it sits in front of a wall of mirrors that he can sit and watch himself in.
At the beginning of the month he had learned to roll over onto his belly from his back.  At first he wasn't sure if he was really glad he had made this discovery and would cry until you would help him back over.  But right at the end of the month he learned the fun that is rolling.  And he gets mad when things get in his way.  I'm going to have to blanket the whole living room!
He's also exercising his vocal chords and learning he can make all kinds of noises at various levels.  We have some good conversations he and I in the early mornings while Dad is still sleeping.  So I guess he gets that from me...waking up talking!
He's quite the little thinker, and often he's just quiet...taking it all in.  I wonder all of the time what's going on in that little brain of his.
All I know is...I wouldn't trade this Mom thing for the world.  No matter how hard the day, I'm choosing joy and taking in each and every moment with this little bundle of joy I get to call my son!
I just can't wait to see all that happens in month five!

1 comment: