Tuesday, January 8, 2013

When Madea & Papa Came to Visit

I would have to say the highlight of Desmond's first month was definitely having my Mom and Dad around for 10 glorious, but all too short, days!
Words cannot express how amazing it was to have them here and see them with their first grandchild.  It's tough even writing this now, so I'm glad there's a little distance from their visit or I'd probably be a blubbering fool typing this.
Desmond was already fast asleep when they got in but we couldn't help but all stare at him for just a little bit with such awe and amazement.  The next morning Desmond and I were up early with the sun, as was my Dad, with great anticipation to finally get to hold him.
It was love from the start.  I think the cycle is that children leave there parents and cleave to their spouse only to then give their parents grandchildren.  Just as Jordan became the new top man in my life,  I can easily see I've been replaced.  My Dad is so excited about being a Papa and Desmond is surely the apple of his eye.    

Soon after, the rest of the house was up and at em and looking forward to all of the time we had together with this sweet little boy!
Our days were filled exactly as they should have been - barely leaving the house and just enjoying each other's company.  Although my Dad and Jordan did do some paling around together as Jordan still had some duties to fulfill.
We had short little windows throughout our day dealing with Desmond's schedule, jetlag, and my Mom trying to get used to the heat.  We were all pretty much on the same schedule eat, sleep, eat, sleep...
But we did get out with just enough time to capture some pics to remember those early days of his life and our time together.
Having a kid has definitely made the distance harder.  But I'm thankful for parents who have assured me that no matter the distance they will always be a part of our lives and that Desmond will grow up knowing who his Madea and Papa are and how much they love him.  Our job is to do what God has called us to do and we will make the most of the time we're given.  I'm continually thankful for technology and the ability to talk to them and send pictures.  But we're all definitely looking forward to a time when we will get to be together again, and there is a lot of family that still needs to meet this guy!  

2 comments:

  1. I love all these pictures! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these pictures! And WOW does Desmond look a lot like his Papa! And I couldn't agree with you more about being replaced by your baby in the eyes of your own parents - it's such a sweet thing to be a part of. there's so much joy found in grand kids : )

    ReplyDelete