Friday, December 16, 2011

Season's Greetings

The Holiday Season is in full swing, welcomed in starting in September here in the Philippines. It will continue to be a part of everyday scenery until January.  And while I'm not quite used to seeing things that early, or for having them up for that long...I do love seeing the city lit up at night, and all the decor everywhere.  This city sure does know how to decorate!
As I said before, we're almost done setting everything up in our home.  But Christmas is up and present.  So here you go:
Our humble little tree:
All 4 1/2 feet of it is special to us and will always be since it was our first tree.  It has somewhat of a theme to it of birds and crosses, with some other ornaments.  Here are some of my faves:
And all lit up.  
We've also gotten a few decorations to adorn our home with in the Philippines.  Some of the best decorations I've ever seen!  Like these cute little trees:
And I even made a few additions myself.  I'm still trying to figure out what to do with this door above our entertainment center, but for now I thought it was perfect to add a little holiday cheer to.  Along with some other Philippine purchased Christmas knick-knacks and a very special picture Jordan made for me last year.
Gettin crafty...
And the stockings hung with care:
And a few other little things to add some warmth.
This will be my first Christmas away from home ever.  And even though that's sad, there are things to be grateful for and new things to embrace.  It's exciting being in a new place for Christmas and seeing how different traditions play out.  But the best thing of all is that Christ is still at the center.  And no matter how the scenery changes, the meaning doesn't!  Happy Christmas! 

Love, 
Nikki


No comments:

Post a Comment