Monday, December 12, 2011

Dear Friend


I don't think I can call you long lost friend at this point yet.  I know time has past, but all for good reason.  You see our stuff came, and then I got lost in putting my home together.  I'm a firm believer that if my house is not in order, than my life is not in order.  So unpacking began!
As soon as we heard word our container full of our stuff had made it to the Philippines, I was so excited!!  And then I had to wait....and wait...and wait.  There's a process it has to go through before you have it in your possession, and that week and a few days felt like an eternity.  I had been patient long enough, I was ready for us to finally have a home!
We heard word that it was going to arrive on the 23rd of November, so we worked hard at our apartment all day to make sure we were ready for everything.  And then we waited, and waited, and waited.  Finally at 4:30 am on the 24th our container pulled up!  It didn't matter I had been up all day I was pumped!  Within a few hours all of our stuff we sitting in different rooms, just waiting to be put in its proper place.
But it was Thanksgiving and several of our teammates had waited all night with us.  The unpacking was going to have to wait.  We had a celebration to get to!  Jordan and I finished up, and headed back to where we were staying.  I took an hour nap, and then to the kitchen I went.  Christi was so kind to let me use her kitchen.  We were in there all day!
Our first holiday away from home and everyone we know.  But we weren't alone.  We have an awesome team here that we are so blessed to be a part of!  
It was a good day!  And everyday that has followed we have been working diligently to get our home all set up.  I'm so thankful, and have been so blessed to have this place to call home.  Things take a lot longer to get up and running here and there's things to be involved in, but it's almost all done.  And when that day comes I'll give you a proper tour.  But for now I'll leave you with a preview.
Well I gotta get back to it.  

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment