Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Observer

Every time I think back to the early days with this little guy they seem sooooo far away, and yet everyday I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing.  And boy, some Moms sure do seem to have their stuff together.  I don't know how they do it either!  Like this post...5 months was already weeks ago.  I thought I better get this update out before we hit the half way point to a year...it's only a few weeks away now.
Life is so hectic and busy all of the time, but sometimes when my head hits the pillow at night and I am so exhausted at 9:00 pm, I can hardly remember what we did that day!
He's curious and always observing the world around him, just quiet and content to take it all in.  I'm not sure his mind ever slows down to let him rest.  He seems to always be thinking.
Gone are the days of baby stuff.  We used to lay him down on a mat with some cross bars that had some toys hanging down from it...but he started using it for chest presses and pull ups instead.  I'm not even sure it's in tact enough to pass on.  And don't even get me started on clothes.  Some how one day, nothing fit anymore.  We've upgraded in our pjs and everything!
One of my favorite things is to peak into his room after I've laid him down for a nap or bed time and see how he's fallen asleep.  There's been some pretty funny and totally awkward positions:






Never gets old.  And still every night before I go to bed, I go in his room and stare in awe and amazement, place my hand on his chest, and take in all the wonderful blessings that he brings to our lives!
Likes: Talking, being on the move, chewing on everything he can get his hands on, cuddling things and sucking his thumb, bath time and sleeping at night.
Hates: Clapping, loud noises and crowded places, being held unless you're moving, sitting still long enough to read a book or change his diaper, doing anything he doesn't want to do and sleeping during the day.
Sitting up, teeth, food, and crawling are right around the corner.  And of course walking won't be far behind all of that.  Love seeing everything this guy discovers and learns how to do.  There's no stopping the world of possibilities for him.
  

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure I have ever seen a cuter baby! He is just too stinking adorable!

    ReplyDelete