Monday, October 1, 2012

Week 41

Not necessarily the post I thought I would be writing, but that's ok.  Boy has it been a long week.  Things progressed every day but at a snails pace and were nothing to get excited about.  The weekend was long and I wondered if Desmond was ever going to come.  The fears of having to schedule an inducement weighed heavy on my heart and I tried not to drive my poor husband crazy with all of my impatience.
He has always loved the anticipation that comes with waiting.  I on the other hand loathe it!  Especially when there is no end in sight.  Ok ok, I know Desmond is not going to permanently reside in my abdomen, but I hate to be just left wondering when it's finally going to happen.
Saturday night as I slept, I was in and out of it all night long fully aware that something was happening and things were beginning to feel different.  It continued through Sunday morning and just as soon as I made an announcement to a few people that this might be it, everything stopped.  I was bummed all day long.  Jordan and I discussed what we would do come Monday morning at my doctor's appointment and we tried to distract ourselves the rest of the day.
Just as soon as we laid down to get some rest, it all started up again.  There were definitely some waves that woke me up and had my mind going again.  Could this be it?  Well here we are Monday. And things are still going.  It's still slow.  Contractions still aren't super close together and are still not on a consistent average, but things are at least progressing.  I feel leery typing this out, because I don't want a repeat of yesterday, but we're really praying things keep moving along and we will soon be showing off pictures of our beautiful baby boy!  We'll keep you updated as best as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment